Amy counsels nonprofit clients, generally working in the environmental, urban planning or public space arenas, in a broad range of legal areas:
- Environmental - Amy advises on a variety of environmental laws and regulations, including relating to compliance with environmental laws, site remediations, advocacy campaigns, the SEQRA and CEQR environmental review processes and other matters. See the Environmental Law page for a broader range of environmental law services.
- Public Space - Amy provides a wide range of services relating to public space, including advising on specific questions or issues, overseeing large or complex projects or processes and representing clients in negotiations and other interactions with a project's stakeholders. See the Public Space page for a description of other public space or urban planning-related legal services.
- Entity Formation - Amy manages and oversees the entity formation process, ensuring that your organization receives the most advantageous tax status (e.g., 501(c)(3)) applicable to it as expeditiously as possible. She also advises on the formation of Business Improvement Districts, "friends of" and conservancy groups and other partnerships between nonprofits and governmental agencies.
- Governance - Nonprofit organizations are subject to numerous federal and state requirements to maintain tax-exempt status and the important legal protections afforded by incorporation. Amy can help identify any gaps in your organization's governance processes and implement programs to ensure good corporate governance going forward.
- General Legal Advice - Amy has extensive experience providing legal advice in connection with contracts, negotiations and other transactional matters, as well as advising on legal questions or issues that may arise, and can provide legal advice to nonprofit organizations on a variety of matters.
- Outside General Counsel - Amy can act as your in-house counsel on an ongoing basis: overseeing governance matters, handling legal issues or questions as they arise and, if necessary, coordinating with specialists. She will develop a deep understanding of your organization and its needs and culture in order to provide insightful and diligent service as a member of your team.